The NCTM regional conference dates on the back of the Spring Journal are incorrect.
The correct cities and dates for the fall NCTM regional conferences are:
· Indianapolis, Indiana; October 29 – 31, 2014
· Richmond, Virginia; November 12 – 14, 2014
· Houston, Texas; November 19 – 21, 2014
Regional NCTM Conference in Richmond Registration is now open!
VCTM and The Greater Richmond Council of Teachers of Mathematics are co-host organizations for the NCTM Regional Conference in Richmond on November 12-14. This is a wonderful opportunity in our own backyard. Join us to hear presentations by Dan Meyer, Diane Briars, Skip Fennell, Linda Gojak, Steve Leinwand, Cathy Seeley, and Stuart Murphy as well as Virginia’s own Michael Bolling, LouAnn Lovin, and Joy Whitenack. Go to http://www.nctm.org/Richmond/ to:
· Read about the featured presentations;
· Check out the online conference planner to learn about more than 200 sessions that will be offered;
· Reserve a hotel;
· Download a justification toolkit to make the case for why you should attend;
· Sign-up to volunteer; and
· REGISTER to attend!
Summer Opportunity for Students
CHROME STEM Summer Camp for Teens is open to rising 10th to 12th graders with at least a 2.75 GPA who want to pursue careers in STEM. The camp is July 7 – 11 at Norfolk State University. It is free to participants. Encourage interested students to go to www.chrome.org for more information and to apply. Applications are due May 15, 2014.