March 4-5, 2016 at the Stafford Campus of the University of Mary Washington
Theme: Teaching Mathematics in a Changing World
Speaker Proposals: We invite proposals for 75-minute sessions at all levels, from Pre-Kindergarten to Post-Secondary. There are 5 computer labs available, so sessions that engage participants in computer-based activities are encouraged. For more information go to http://vctm.org/event-2001018
Registration: Online fee is $120 and includes a complimentary one-year VCTM membership.
Register online until February 5, 2016.
MET GRANTS for INDIVIDUALS
Apply for NCTM's Mathematics Education Trust grants, scholarships, and awards. Funding ranges from $1,200 to $24,000 and is available to help math teachers, prospective teachers, and other math educators improve the teaching and learning of mathematics. Applications are due November 6, 2015.
For more information: http://www.nctm.org/Grants/
NCTM REGIONAL CONFERENCE:
November 18-20, 2015 in Nashville
Theme: Mathematics Meets Excellence
Discover new classroom strategies and gain new teaching techniques
Are you looking for a reason to make your plans to attend the NCTM Regional Conference & Exposition in Nashville next month?
- Six conference strands – make the most of your experience when you attend the sessions specifically focused on the topics and areas of interest to you.
- Five speakers on Web 2.0 – kickoff the conference with a fresh perspective into what Web 2.0 means for the future of math education.
- Formative Assessment – join a preconference workshop on November 18 to learn how to better engage with students during the learning process to improve achievement and student learning outcomes.
- 3,000 – share ideas and collaborate with other attendees during engaging and interactive conference sessions that cover math education topics from Algebra to Variance and everything in between.
- $80 – save big on your registration when you make you plans before October 16.
Room Savings End October 20
Need another reason to make your plans now? NCTM has negotiated to ensure the lowest rates possible during the conference dates - but these discounted hotel rates will end October 20.
Make your reservations at the Omni Nashville, the official headquarters hotel, to ensure savings on your conference experience.